Below Sections 1 & 2 you will find Section 3 (Articles on Google Classroom), Section 4 (Articles & Tips about Chomebooks),
Section 5 (Extensions & Apps for Google Chrome) and Section 6 (Recommended Add-Ons for Google Drive)
Section 1: OUR VIDEOS ON GD TOPICS can be found at tinyurl.com/gdcorevideos
GD Proficiency Skill Overview (tinyurl.com/gdproficiency32)
Section 2: LIBRARY OF GOOGLE DRIVE and CHROMEBOOK LINKS and ARTICLES
4 Tips for Having Students take notes in Google Docs
6 Must Have Extensions for Google Chrome
10 Creative Ways To Use Google Tools To Maximize Learning
28 ways Google’s new add-ons can help teachers now (from ditchthattextbook.com)
40+ Google Docs Tips to Become a Power User
80 Interesting Ways To Use Google Forms In The Classroom
10 Excellent GD Templates for Teachers
Add File Attachment to Google Forms
forMule Add-on provides email merge utility
g(Math) Add-on Supports Handwritten Responses from Students
GD Frustration from Aug 2012 --click
GD Tips and Tricks from TCI -- click
Google has a range of tools for teaching and learning. This collection of lessons introduces what they are and how to apply them.
Google Docs URL Tricks (for sharing, previewing, and automatically exporting)
How to Migrate Your Data from a Google Apps for Education account to a personal account
Moving Google Results of a Google Form to Separate Worksheets
Out of School Podcasts on the intersection of technology and education
Proficiency Checklist for Google Drive
Sending attached files with a Google Form -- article -- sample I made -- http://goo.gl/Ldn0tZ -- to make your own, go to http://www.formpl.us/
Solution for the age-old dilemma of how to send extremely large files --click
The 5 GD Add-Ons You Need to Use by makeuseof.com
The 9 Add-Ons for GD to Simplify Your Life by Joanne Torres
The 10 Best GD Add-Ons You Should be Using by lifehack.org
The 15 Best Add-Ons from coolcatteacher.com
The Comprehensive Google Drive Guide for Teachers and Students
The Paperless Classroom with Google Docs by Eric Curtis -- click
Tips for making Professionally Looking GD Docs by Alice Keeler
Top 10 Google Docs Annoyances (and How to Fix Them)
Track Change on GD -- click -- an add-on by Letterfeed.com
Using & to PRE-POPULATE a Google Form -- In the edit screen under the Responses menu is an option to Get pre-filled URL.
Using the FORM+ Add On of Google Docs to attach a picture or file -- click
Tip from Jeri on Force a Copy -- PDF -- GD LINK
** You have no choice when you to go to this link; you have to make a copy! Notice how the link ends in /copy instead of /edit?usp=sharing
Section 3: ARTICLES AND TIPS ABOUT GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Google Classroom Cheat Sheet
Google Classroom Tips from Alice Keeler
Intro to Google Classroom by Lynne Schalman
Classroom Tips from Lynne Schalman (Sept 2015)
Flash Cards on Google Classroom from the Gooru (Nov 2015)
Section 4: ARTICLE AND TIPS ABOUT CHROMEBOOKS
What is a Chromebook? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-JYp0Iu4pw
Chromebook Online Tips for Common Tips
10 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Chromebook Owner Should Know
- CTRL A = select all
- CTRL C= copy
- CTRL V= paste
- CTRL W = close window (or TAB if on Chrome)
- CTRL Z= undo
- CTRL S to save webpages for offline reading
- CTRL - or CTRL + to magnify or demagnify when on Chrome web page
- CTRL ALT 1 = format paragraph as heading 1
- CTRL ALT v = paste text without formatting AKBAR
- CTRL + monitor button above the 5 = mirrors the monitor re external
- CTRL SHIFT q = quit session (makes you do it twice to actually quit)
- CTRL N = create new window (or CTRL and click on the CHROME browser at bottom left)
- CTRL ALT / = show interactive keyboard on screen with context ready shortcuts (CTRL ALT ?)
- ALT + SEARCH (below TAB, looks like magnifying glass) = caps lock ON or OFF
- ALT BACKSPACE = delete forward
- ALT + ] = snaps window to right edge while ALT + [ snaps to left edge
- ALT + e opens what is called the “hot dog menu” at top right of any window (three horizontal lines)
- ALT SHIFT + m = open file manager (also in list of apps)
- ALT + # = opens the app on the shelf in position # where # goes from 1 to 8
- ALT and CLICK on BOOKMARK = edit or delete the bookmark
- CTRL O = open files (whether GD files or screenshots or other files stored in Flash RAM)
- CTRL + SWITCH (above 6 key is called “Window Switcher Button”) = screenshot of full window
- CTRL + SHIFT + SWITCH = partial screenshot
- CTRL ALT DOWN ARROW = end of page
- CTRL ALT UP ARROW = top of page
- CTRL SHIFT L = lock screen
- CTRL ALT V = How to Paste Text as “Just Test” without the formatting
- SHIFT + ESC = open task manager
Video (4 min) on Keyboard Shortcuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrpMvm7EQd4
Another video (8 min) on Shortcuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9o5G0KnZpI
- CTRL ALT Z = turn on/off Chrome Vox
- CTRL SHIFT B = hides or shows bookmarks bar
- CTRL T = create new TAB window and puts cursor into the URL box
- CTRL J = show downloads
Info about theHP Chromebook 11 G3 11.6' LED Notebook - Intel Celeron N2840 2.16 GHz - Black --review from PC World magazine
Section 5: EXTENSIONS AND APPS FOR GOOGLE CHROME -- get from Chrome Web Store
(red items have been recently added)
Good links: from symbaloo | from makeuseof |
- AdBlock Plus - Eliminates advertisements on the web.
- Add to Google Classroom -- Save sites from around the web back to Google Classroom -- Just click the Google Classroom button to save the site to your selected Google Classroom, to share with students as an announcement or an assignment.
- Allow Copy -
- Apture - A search extension that provides added information after a word or term is highlighted on a web page. Searches appear in a pop-up box, so you don’t lose your website reading the new information.
- Autocopy - Automatically copies text or links when they are selected. DO NOT USE THIS. DO NOT INSTALL. It results in anomalies re COPY/PASTE and renaming worksheet TABs.
- Auto Text Expander -- one of several ways to use shortcuts for typing longer phrases
- Awesome Screenshot App - bad name, this is an annotation tool like Skitch letting you add text, arrows or more to a graphic; displays as app at bottom - this may have been removed by the author - sorry!
- Bitly Chrome Extension -- URL shortening
- Chrome Remote Desktop (allows another computer to access your Chromebook or allows your Chromebook to access another computer; displays as app at bottom and must be installed on both machines)
- Chromecast - Share your Chrome browser or entire screen to your Chromecast.
- Clea.nr - Removes YouTube add-ons and related videos from the screen, showing only the video and the search bar. Great for removing questionable ads and related videos that pop up.
- Copy Without Formatting Using this Chrome extension, you can copy text without having to deal with document-wrecking formatting. This is perfect for quotations, gathering research, and more.
- Desmos Graphing Calculator Searching for your graphing calculator is a real time killer. Instead of going on the hunt, fire up this one right in your browser instead..
- DotEPUB (convert any webpage into an e-book)
- Downloads (this extension adds quick access button to the download page)
- Dropbox for Gmail (Beta)
- Extensity - Quickly enable/disable Chrome extensions
- goo.gl URL Shortener - Shortens a URL and also provides the option to create a QR code and additional details.
- Google Classroom
- Google Docs Quick Create - Extension that allows you to quickly create a new Google Document, Presentation, Spreadsheet or Drawing
- Google Hangout
- Google Quick Sclroll - Lets you jump to relevant parts of an article you search for.
- iAnnotate (this extensions lets you read, mark up and share PDF documents adding text, highlight, shapes, arrows, color; displays as app at bottom after you pin it)
- Nimbus (extension that lets you annotate like Skitch by adding text, arrows, boxes, highlight to a graphic; also has options for screen snapshot)
- Nimbus (app by same company that is 98% the same as the Nimbus extension
- Notable PDF (both app and extension)
- Online Typing Test
- One Tab - Whenever you have too many tabs, One Tab converts them all into a list saving “up to 95% of memory.”
- Panic Button - Closes all open tabs in a Chrome window. Click the extension again to reopen them all.
- Pixlr Editor (gives you Photoshop type features, a popular image editor, other one is SUMOPAINT)
- Polarr Photo Editor
- Popchrome (another way to create keyboard shortcuts)
- ProKeys (recommended way to create keyboard shortcuts that works for single or multi-lines)
- QR Code Maker and Decoder -
- QR Reader Beta - With this extension you can scan a QR code fast and directly from right click (context) menu of your browser.
- Quick QR Code
- RemindMe It can be difficult to keep up with every little thing you have to do for school, but this extension makes it easier, sharing reminders, tasks, and more.
- Rescue Time Find out which sites you waste your time on the most with Rescue Time, and identify where you have a productivity problem.
- Save to Google Drive (saves web page with all graphics and links; options include saving as png, html, web archive)
- Save Text to Google Drive (just the text, no formatting)
- Search by Image - Right click on an image to search Google for it.
- Share to Classroom - allows you to push webpages to your any of your Classroom classes, so they open instantly on your students' computers
- Smart QR Code Generator (generates QR Code for current webpage)
- Snagit is a combo screen capture, screen recording, image editing and sharing.
- Snapify - Snapify enables contextual web browsing through image markers and word highlights. All you need to do is highlight a word or click an image marker and 'Snap It'. Snapify will then open up its search box with results from mainstream search engines such as Google, Twitter, Wikipedia, Google News, and even Maps
- Snippy -- Snip out little bits of web content to save for later in your Google Docs account with this Chrome extension.
- SpeakIt! is an extension that lets you select any text you want to read and then you listen to it.
- Sumo Paint is a popular image editor (other one is PIXLR).
- Super Simple Highlighter highlights text on web pages.
- Tab Cloud - TabCloud allows you to save the tabs that you have open. Simply open all the tabs you want for your presentation/class, save them with TabCloud, and then when it comes time to present or for your class, open up TabCloud and click on the tabs you want to appear. They will all populate!
- Tab Glue and Tab Scissors - This simple extension lets you divide your Chrome browser window in two - great when you want to compare documents or websites side by side. Get Tab Glue (above) to put the two windows back together again.
- Test My Typing Speed is an extension that gives you an online test.
- Text to Speech App is an app that converts text to speech, WAV or MP3.
- Tone - actually Google Tone - an extension that broadcasts any URL to computers within earshot.
- Typing Club is an app that offers a free game and education program.
- World Data Finder (discover data and charts relevant to pages you visit)
Section 6: Add-Ons for Google Drive
- Orange Slice: Teacher Rubric creates rubrics
- Video Notes