Summercore Marathon Workshop
Summercore is not offered in 2014 as a 5 Day Workshop open to the public.
However, we are doing a 5 Day Summercore for one school in NYC and one school in Philly, so we would be interested in conducting Summercore at your school for your faculty.
Topics included will be Google Drive, SMART Boards, multimedia and digital storytelling, navigating the web, discovering curriculum-perfect web sites, blogs, wikis, podcasts, and designing lessons plans to effectively integrate technology into your teaching strategies. And, of course, iPads.
A unique 5 day marathon journey through hardware, software and humanware, Summercore is designed to energize teachers of all ages and all stages. Because we divide session groups based around learning style and speed, Summercore works for both novices and experts and everyone in between. Through lectures, round-table discussions, numerous hands-on skill sessions and experienced teaching, Summercore has empowered each and every participant to return to her/his school to become part of the essential humanware needed to achieve meaningful integration.
- What is Summercore?
- Read a list of FAQ before attending
- View a sample schedule
- Directions and Hotel Information
For all iPad users, Summercore will become iSummercore, so you can explore, create, and learn how to instruct with iPads. Run an iPad booth at the world-famous Summercore carnival by learning about these topics:
- Integrating iPads into the classroom: we focus on iPads in the classroom from the ground up. Develop your iPad ability from the most basic skills to tricks and tips for advanced users. Learn about some of the terrific apps and integrations strategies for iPad implementation in a 1:1 or shared environment. Discuss the implications of iPads and 1:1 classrooms.
- Student-centered Learning with iPads: we teach you to take advantage of the iPad's strengths to address the needs of your students. Explore presentation, mind mapping, podcasting, and other apps that will allow your students to create their own tutorials and gain mastery over the classroom material. Participants will learn about these assessment tools and generate their own lesson plans. Additionally, participants will explore video production as a means of flipping the classroom for your students or adding multimedia to your curriculum.
- iPad Publishing and Digital Storytelling: we teach you to focus on using the iPad and iOS tools for publishing digital text and media. Participants will learn about one of Apple's most powerful applications, iBooks Author, software that allows you to combine your course materials including text, movies, images, graphs, tables, animations, and more into an eBook that will display on the iPad. In addition, participants will look at some of the Apps on the iPad to publish multimedia content such as Scribble Press, Toontastic, VoiceThread, PuppetPals HD, iStopMotion, and My Story.